You’ve heard the arguments already. Nobody contests the assertion that, 32 years ago, the director had sex with a 13-year-old girl in Jack Nicholson’s Hollywood home. After his arrest, when his lawyer realised the authorities seemed unlikely to honour a plea bargain, Polanski fled the US for life as a celebrated émigré in France.
No not "had sex with", the word you are looking for is raped. Polanski raped a child. Read her Grand Jury evidence, if you can stomach it.
I have not blogged on this before because it has been so horrible to see rape apology is the global media. It is revolting how many denizens of Hollywood are coming out to support this child rapist.
- Martin Scorsese
- David Lynch
- Harvey Weinstein
- Whoopi Goldberg
- Debra Winger
- Pedro Almodovar
- Wes Anderson
- Natalie Portman
- Kristin Scott Thomas
- Darren Aronofsky
- Diane von Furstenberg
- Tilda Swinton
- Gael Garcia Bernal
- Penelope Cruz
So many talented people are eager to associate themselves with a child rapist because of how he earns his living. The wailing and gnashing of teeth because of the death of art is pretentious rape-apology bullshit.
People regularly deny that the western world has a rape culture. Remember that rape is rape. Claims of PCness gone wild or over sensitivity display that you ally yourself with the rapist. Remember that next time you hear
- She deserved it
- She was drunk
- She had a short skirt on
- She shouldn't have been in that part of town
and you say nothing, you condone rape. So wake the fuck up and learn these rules
- If a woman is drunk, don’t rape her.
- If a woman is walking alone at night, don’t rape her.
- If a women is drugged and unconscious, don’t rape her.
- If a woman is wearing a short skirt, don’t rape her.
- If a woman is jogging in a park at 5 am, don’t rape her.
- If a woman looks like your ex-girlfriend you’re still hung up on, don’t rape her.
- If a woman is asleep in her bed, don’t rape her.
- If a woman is asleep in your bed, don’t rape her.
- If a woman is doing her laundry, don’t rape her.
- If a woman is in a coma, don’t rape her.
- If a woman changes her mind in the middle of or about a particular activity, don’t rape her.
- If a woman has repeatedly refused a certain activity, don’t rape her.
- If a woman is not yet a woman, but a child, don’t rape her.
- If your girlfriend or wife is not in the mood, don’t rape her.
- If your step-daughter is watching tv, don’t rape her.
- If you break into a house and find a woman there, don’t rape her.
- If your friend thinks it’s okay to rape someone, tell him it’s not, and that he’s not your friend.
- If your “friend” tells you he raped someone, report him to the police.
- If your a guy at a party tells you there’s an unconscious woman upstairs and it’s your turn, don’t rape her, call the police and tell the guy he’s a rapist.
- Tell your sons, god-sons, nephews, grandsons, sons of friends it’s not okay to rape someone.
- Don’t tell your women friends how to be safe and avoid rape.
- Don’t imply that she could have avoided it if she’d only done/not done x.
- Don’t imply that it’s in any way her fault.
- Don’t let silence imply agreement when someone tells you he “got some” with the drunk girl.
- Don’t perpetuate a culture that tells you that you have no control over or responsibility for your actions. You can, too, help yourself.
If you argue that Polanski should be freed, expect me to treat you like I would a child rapist.
Read other posts on this
When Fame Gets in the Way of Culpability
Does Being an “Artist” Trump Being a Rapist
Her Reasons Are Not Yours
Reminder: Roman Polanski raped a child
Rape Apologists: Roman Polanski’s Rape of a Child Not That Bad
Letters From Hollywood: Roman Polanski's Rape Of Child No Big Thing